Hey,
Glad you could join in! This is a place where we can share our fasting journey (the good days and the bad).
What we are learning and where God is speaking. Hopefully we can all learn and grow together!
BTW, if you are in need of general prayer please post on NLF pray our internet prayer chain.
Not eating isn't a very big deal for me (on a busy day, I'll go without eating until the end of the day, etc), so I pridefully told someone that fasting one day would be pretty easy for me. Though it wasn't the toughest thing to do, I realized what a discipline it is to intentionally withhold food from my body when it is easily accessible. It made me think about wanting to eat much more throughout the day because I knew that I was not going to eat it. The idea of lacking took on a whole new meaning because it was self-induced. The pain in my stomach was pronounced and my attention easily directed toward it. I had to really shift my mind and ask God to help me not be so fixated on food that day. I wonder what the next one will be like.
ReplyDelete