Fasting is not new to me. I embraced a routine as part of my prayer discipline many years ago. I am not sure why I stopped - but I did. This recent “call back” to the discipline has taken me to a different “place.”
As I fast now I see it as an opportunity to rest my interior - my “soil”.
I am seeking to incorporate a rhythm for my body of eating and
“ resting.” When I fast - life actually becomes a lot simpler for me. I can center on God without the “noise” of thinking about food. When I experience hunger I seek (and sometimes fail) to be present with my humanity and my limits. I can think of those who experience hunger everyday and pray for them. I also realize how much I take eating for granted. I find I am asking myself a whole new set of questions about how I live my life with food. I am also more thankful - good food is a gift I am privileged to receive.
Take some time today to pray for those who experience hunger every day.
Pray for yourself and ask the Lord to open your eyes to things you normally do not "see".
No comments:
Post a Comment