Friday, March 11, 2011

Have you been journaling? How about adding the Examen? At the conclusion of your day of fasting ask yourself these questions?

  • Where did I experience life (joy) today?
  • Where did I experience death (pain) today?
Offer both to the Lord in prayer.

Scripture Meditation: "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have been received as an offering!"
How can you pray or "give a gift"  this week? Who are "the poor" in your life? Are you one of "the poor?" In what way? Offer those thoughts and prayers to the Lord?

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to discourage anyone, but this fast is not going very well for me. As a mother of 3, I have very little time for contemplative thinking. More than that, I just don't have the energy or the will left over after meeting everyone's needs, and not eating is making it worse instead of better. I'm shorter tempered, lacking in physical energy, and generally angry... not really listening for God's voice in the middle of all that. I wish I could rise above it and use it as a chance to pray for people... but I can't even think straight.
    I'm thinking about fasting from the internet next week, instead of food. Maybe that will give me more reflective time?
    Hope to hear from more NLFers on how they are fasting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sunita,
    Thank you for sharing. You gave me an excellent prayer meditation. As a former mom of small children I gladly hold you up in my prayers! Give yourself grace...This may just not be the season for you. Love and Blessings Jackie.

    ReplyDelete